Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Future Women in Business

One of my greatest pleasures is speaking to groups of teenage girls on the matter of careers. Of the hundreds of young women I have met with, I've rarely heard, "I'd like to get my business degree", or "I want to start (or lead) a company that...".

I believe the reason is a lack of exposure to successful women in business.

Beginning in September of 2006, Marigold has hosted a group of female high school students to join us at Marigold Over Lunch. We call this: Future Women in Business. Juliette Schultz, owner of Spark! and Candie Conat, owner of Baskets Full of Gifts have underwritten the costs while Trish Fiebing, Volunteer Coordinator for TCAPS coordinates the selection of students, chaperones, transportation, etc...

We are looking for input and involvement of more women in business. If this issue speaks to you, and of course I hope that it does, please leave your comments here on what more you think we can do, on a volunteer basis to encourage young women to see greater possibilities for themselves. If you would like to be placed on a e-mail list for Future Women in Business advocates, click here.

No comments: