Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ask yourself a question


I was having a conversation with a mentor of mine about a possible investment in my company. This was not a large amount of money that we were discussing. He startled me by asking, "What would you do if I invested 10 times that amount of money?" Hmmm? I was somewhat speechless.

He asked me to give it some thought. This became a great exercise for me as a business owner. What would I do with $100,000 or even $1,000,000? This freed me to think big, really big. Once I had opened myself to the idea of greater resources, the ideas began to flow and so did the rationale behind the investment. Why not?

I highly recommend this idea to all business owners, it is NOT as easy as it sounds. But it makes clear the boundaries of imagination that small thinking creates. Go for it!

No comments: