Monday, October 15, 2007

The Salute is back!

Probably my favorite Marigold program, the Salute to Women in Business, is back in full swing with the generous support of Grand Traverse Auto co-owners, Jayne and Mary Jo Sleder. These two awesome women really "get" what Marigold is all about: Bring attention, lots of attention, to women who have taken the riskier road to success.

The 26 women who have been chosen, come in very different shapes and sizes, upbringing, educational backgrounds, AND have wildly different reasons for choosing entrepreneurship. They do all have inspiring stories and straight-shooter advice for other women.

Few occasions arise where a business owner is recognized for their efforts, unless they are chosen as the BEST at this or that. Marigold is delighted to bring a spotlight on 26 different women each year who inspire us.

Please show your generosity of spirit in sending your congratulations to these women.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! And congratulations Carol Murray! Many people around TC have been helped by her and it's great to see her get some recognition! As one of her partners, I also want to give a "Shout Out" to Carol for all that she has taught me about the business side of the counseling profession.
WAY TO GO CAROL!!!!

Anonymous said...

CAROL ROCKS!!!!This is one of the few times I've been tempted to make pom-poms to cheer one of my favorite women and mentors! Go Carol Go!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you, to everyone who has made this honor possible. I feel like there is so much more I want to say, but I can't seem to find the right words for what a wonderful experience it has been, so I will share two quotes instead.

"Tell me, I'll forget. Show me, I may remember. But, involve me and I'll understand"

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come."

Carol Murray

Anonymous said...

How can you say wonderful? A fabulous friend? Someone who can listen without judgement? You are truly a wonderful person and I am truly blessed to have met you! It is truly fate that our paths have crossed...and we have so much to share together, girlfriend! Mary Sue

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary, Jayne, Karen, and Lori:

Well….I am officially and alumni! Last week I was the fortunate recipient of your 'Salute' and I am still on cloud 9! I was overwhelmed and honored by all of the kind emails from total strangers.

Then, just when I was getting used to the idea of kindness from total strangers (I’m a city girl, remember), June from Huntington Bank showed up at my door with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

And then to top it all off, Sandra and her team pampered us at Impress.

I feel like I am living and working in a Norman Rockwell painting! Traverse City is such a wonderful place to do business.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the “Salute” and the honor. I so grateful.

Melissa Ewing
ndercover Vegetable Company
Makers of Yotta bars
www.undercoverveg.com