Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've got a thing...

At the Marigold Forum last week we asked women to share a gem of wisdom that has changed their life. Many shared tips that they wished they had learned earlier.

Many of the comments surrounded saying no, taking control of her time, not over thinking and especially not over-explaining yourself.

June Palumbo, Ford Insurance took the prize for "The One Great Thing".

Her advice: When you need to end a phone conversation, end a meeting, leave the office, exit from a committee meeting (regardless of why) simply say "I need to go, I have a THING". Isn't that beautiful! I have a thing, no details, no making excuses for yourself, no anticipated judgment of your reason, just "I have to go now, I have a thing".

It could be a conference call with your number one client or a towel on the beach calling your name. Doesn't matter.

Thank you June!!!!!!!

No comments: