Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Update your game plan!


So we are a little more than half way through 2009. Where did THOSE six months go?

For many of us January 1 looked pretty scary and few were setting high goals for business or career growth. But most of us at least had a game plan with the goal of keeping our heads above water. How is the game plan working for you? July is the time to revisit the plan and the goals. If you never created any (shame on you, but I'm not your mother) then this is a good time to plan the remainder of the year.

As you review your goals and your plan, ask yourself:
  • Have I been successful in taking steps forward?
  • Am I holding back my vision out of fear or common sense?
  • Have I learned new disciplines that will help me in the future?
  • Have I discovered my true business allies and loyal customers?
  • Have I found that my new frugality should be the new "normal"?
  • Did I underestimate my ability to take on the challenge?
Maybe you can be a bit more optimistic in planning 2009 Part 2. At the very least, you can pat youself on the back for what you've survived and learned from the experience.

The economy may feel like a ball and chain as you try to get ahead, so consider it weight training. Once your leg is free, you will have become accustomed to the hard work, persistence and dogged determination to move forward. You will soar!

No comments: